Monday, March 10, 2014

Re-Fit to Pregnancy: Monday Weigh In

One thing I feel that has been holding me back on getting pregnant is my health. Let me be honest here, I love food and I hate exercise. Really hate it. I've pretty much always hated it. I go through spurts of healthy living where I practice yoga, go for walks and eat better, but then I fall back into my old habits of salty, sweet and sugary drinks. It's a vicious cycle and I spend a lot of time beating myself up over it. Which leads me back to those sweets and drinks.

I am an emotional eater.

image via Change Your Mind Body Health


100%, without a doubt, an emotional eater.

I eat when I'm sad, I eat when I'm angry. And when I'm upset because I didn't exercise or the number on the scale went up instead of down? You guessed it, I eat. I do this to feel better, which it doesn't do, so then I feel bad and .... yeah, I think you get it.

How in the world can I break this cycle of emotional eating?

I've tried purging the house of all bad foods. I've taken pictures of me overweight and plastered them on the walls to encourage myself to stick with it. I've done meal preps and exercised a lot and still here I am, 20 kgs overweight.

But this time I have something more tangible waiting for me. I really want to be a mom and have a baby. My health (or current lack thereof) is quite possibly the roadblock standing in my way. I won't know until I do something about it. So I'm trying, again. Little goals to start out with though, I can't do big changes without crashing and burning.

I'm drinking 2 liters of water a day.

I'm starting a 30 day challenge to plank in addition to a 30 day Squat challenge.

I'm riding my bike to work once a week (that's about 6km total for the day).

I'm going to do 45 minutes of yoga twice a week.

I'm changing my breakfast to smoothies made at home (I'm going to post about that soon).

And that's what I'm starting with. If I do more, then that's great, but I have to start somewhere and this is where I start.

This is me, two weeks ago. All 94 kg. of me.


So today's weigh in and measurements:

Weight: 94 kg.

Bust: 44 inches

Waist: 41 inches

Hips: 47.5 inches

Upper arms: 14.5 inches

Upper thigh: 29 inches

Height: 5 feet 4 inches (I don't expect that to change).

Goal: 74 kg.

What suggestions do you have to making healthier lifestyle choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment