Thursday, March 6, 2014

Anniversary

Last week was our one year anniversary for our wedding. I can't believe it's been a whole year. We've been busy. Working at home, travelling to the USA, working, gardening, getting chickens (and learning how to raise them), having a mental breakdown when the work got to be too much.

Yeah, you get the idea.

Time flies so fast the older we get. It's scary, man. Really terrifying. I'm 30 years old, my husband, Ginger, is 32. I still forget quite often that I'm no longer in my 20s and allowed to act the way I do sometimes. Other days, I feel like I'm in my 50s. I guess that's just how it goes.

So on our anniversary, we had a nice dinner, listened to the music from our wedding reception, watched our wedding video on the computer while snuggling in bed. I am so glad we found a student to do our video for us. I love that we can watch that video and see and hear our vows once again. I loved all the pictures we got of the wedding and the memories, but man, that video kills it all.

Also, year old wedding cake? Pretty tasty.

the table set for dinner. Wild pork and veggies came later.

The slice of cake we saved. Dark chocolate cake with
chocolate ganache and peppermint frosting.

These coloured bottles? I saved them from our wedding and use them often.

No comments:

Post a Comment