Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Coming through the other side



It's been months now since I wrote on here. Months of agony, heartbreak, the one year mark, waiting for a referral to an RE and waiting longer for a diagnosis.

Waiting sucks.

The mourning process that we've been going though sucks too.

But I finally feel, for the first time in months, that things are where they should be. We still don't have a lot of answers and what answers we do have have given us more questions, but I don't quite feel so lost in this journey.

I want to talk more about the process in NZ of moving on from our GP for care, but I'm not quite ready for that today. Today, though, is halfway through National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW) and I have decided to go public with our personal struggles with infertility. It has been an eye-opening week as people I didn't know had struggled with infertility have come forward as I have been posting information, links and images to my personal Facebook feed. It's heartbreaking to see so many people I know suffering the way that we are, but many of them have come through on the other side and have families now. There is hope for us after all. :)

Here's just a few of my favorite images from this week so far.




So for what it's worth...I'm glad to be back here and chronicling our journey from two to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment