Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Race Day Results

Well, the weekend has come and gone and nearly come again. This past weekend Ginger and I ran our 5K race we had been training for. It went by very quickly and I was really proud of myself and what I accomplished that day.





We woke up early and got dressed and ate before heading into town to check in and wait for our starting time of 9:30 a.m.


Once the race started, we were off and I was determined to run as much as I could and to finish before the people who were registered as walkers for the 5K. I knew I wasn't a fast runner and I wouldn't come close to winning, but I wanted to finish it in under 45 minutes.

I finished the race in 39:04, Ginger was about half a minute faster. He could have finished it in well under half an hour, but he wanted to run with me. Awwww.



After the race, I got really sore and tired. But I have recovered and am back on the job of exercise and weight loss. See ya next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment